Prepping Your Augusta Commercial Business for Snow and Ice
Start Your Search for Winter Contractors Early
Often during nice, enjoyable days of Summer, we often don’t consider what the winter chill could bring. During the warmer, Summer season this is the best time to start checking your commercial business or home to make sure you are ahead on potential disasters due to structural threats.
Many things can happen during the Winter months, and you should be to fully prepared in order to stay ahead of damages. Commercial properties are not exempt from the necessity of preparing for harsher temperatures. Low temperatures and winter storm can cause critical damage, resulting in expensive repairs and potential disruption to business.
Here are Five Winter Prep Must Do’s for Commercial Property Owners:
- Start by keeping your gutters clean and ensure that they are working properly. Lack of gutter maintenance or clogged gutters can lead to water accumulation on your roof, causing leaks and internal water damage.
- Make sure you inspect your roof. Checking you roof during the summertime can save you an enormous amount of money. It can mean the difference between replacing a few shingles or replacing the entire roof and clearing up water damage or mold.
- Maintain consistent temperature. Keeping the thermostat set between 50-60 degrees prevents freezing pipes, even in vacant buildings.
- Keep a routine check of your property. Keeping eyes on the property can allow small issues to be seen and resolved before they become larger problems.
- Eliminate drafts. Frigid air can enter your property through gaps in doors and windows, ensure all exterior doors and windows have weather stripping and caulking before winter starts.
In the state of a water disaster, call SERVPRO® of Augusta and we’ll Make It "Like it never even happened." Give us a call at 706-750-0200 today.