How Can Homeowners Be Proactive in Preventing Water Damage in the Bathroom?
No One Wants to Deal with Water Damage in Their Augusta Homes – These Steps Can Help Prevent That Problem
Bathrooms and water go hand in hand. Bathtubs get filled, running water at the sink, and toilets hold water. All of this can be a potential disaster in Augusta homes. A lot of splishing and splashing goes on in the bathroom, leading to problems if not addressed immediately.
What Are the Water Damage Risks?
Water can cause any number of problems. If left untreated, it causes floors to warp and stain floor coverings. Mold develops quickly in bathrooms and can rapidly spread into other areas of your home. Drywall can swell, and laminate flooring can become permanently damaged. If the seals around the tub, sink, or toilet are damaged, flooding becomes a risk. All of these problems can lead to needing water mitigation in your Augusta residence.
Proactive Steps to Prevent Water Damage
Bathrooms are busy places. Families with children know how much moisture can spread quickly when little ones are bathing or washing their hands. But there are certain things any homeowner can do to minimize the risks. These include:
- Mop up spills right away. Wipe the bathroom floor dry after baths to ensure no moisture is left to seep into the flooring.
- Make sure the toilet stays unclogged. Only flush toilet paper.
- Check seals and caulking around tubs and sinks.
- Examine grout and make sure it is not degrading.
- Shower curtains and bathmats are a must to protect against spills.
- Use the exhaust fan when showering or bathing.
- A dehumidifier can help reduce the risk of mold developing
If you find yourself in need of water mitigation, SERVPRO' IICRC technicians have the equipment, experience, and expertise you want. We provide water extraction and drying services to restore your bathroom to preloss condition, if possible.
Contact SERVPRO of Augusta at (706) 750-0200 for professional water damage service. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.