How Can I Prevent Mold From Growing in My House After a Flood?
SERVPRO Can Take Several Measures to Eliminate Microbes and Inhibit Mold Growth Inside your Grovetown Home
Any time organic materials like items made out of paper or wood get wet, there is a chance that fungi can develop in your house in Grovetown. A fungus only needs moisture, an organic food source, the right temperature, and time to form.
How long does it take mold to grow?
After your house in Grovetown suffers from flood damage, spores that come in from the outside can grow into fungi in about 48 to 72 hours. This is why our SERVPRO technicians always try to remove all moisture present inside your contents and building materials that contain paper or wood as soon as possible. We always try to come up with techniques that aid in drying out all of your affected items in 48 hours or less.
What can you do if mold has already started to develop?
If fungi have already formed in areas of your house that got wet, our SERVPRO team can take steps to remove the contamination and prevent it from spreading.
If the mold is only on the surface of your building materials or contents, we can remove it by sanding or soda blasting.
We can then apply antimicrobial chemicals to all of the areas that got affected inside your house.
Are there any other health hazards that can exist in my home after a flood?
Bacteria: Harmful bacteria can live soil, water, and organic matter. Any time moisture comes into your structure from the outdoors; there is a chance that the liquid contains harmful bacteria and viruses.
Viruses: A virus is the most simple microbe but they can cause diseases in living beings. We can eliminate most harmful bacteria and viruses by applying chemicals like Vanquish.
If anything inside your house in Martinez ever gets wet after a storm, call SERVPRO of Augusta at (706) 750-0200 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
See more about Grovetown.