How Long is It Safe to Wait for Flood Restoration in My Augusta Home?
After a Flood in Augusta, Damage Can Continually Worsen – Our SERVPRO Team Can Respond Fast to Help
The sooner you can get professionals responding to a flood loss in your home, the better. For flooding, there are no scenarios where damages can improve on their own, and migrating conditions can make structural degradation and deterioration worse on those that do not choose to act immediately after a disaster.
While there are many levels of flood damage for Augusta homes, how these effects get addressed relates directly to the prompt response and available equipment of our SERVPRO team. With advanced technologies and cutting-edge tools, we can offer an efficient extraction and cleaning of the property with the appropriate care and consideration that you would put into the restoration on your own.
What Services Does My House Need After a Flood?
Seeing your home post-flooding can be overwhelming. With a growing list of needs for the property to look and feel like it used to, our professionals must get there quickly to begin some of the vital mitigation tasks. While every property is different, these are some of the areas where you can expect some degree of activity after a flooding disaster:
• Muck-Out – Much like fire losses, debris removal is a vital element to the earliest effort in restoring your property. Muck-out removes most of the mud and debris that can collect after natural flooding and reduces the potential for bacterial threats or other contaminants.
• Extraction – By removing surface water as efficiently as possible, our technicians can inspect exposed materials and contents much sooner to determine what is salvageable. Extraction is also a vital step before successful drying.
• Surface Cleaning – Residues and soiling can be a common threat with materials that were directly exposed to natural floodwater. Between water-based solvents and chlorines, we can clean and disinfect many areas impacted by flooding.
• Controlled Demolition – Controlled demolition is one of the unfortunate staples after natural flooding occurs. Because water gets considered contaminated, there is no other choice but to remove exposed areas of the house and replace them.
• Drying – There are many tools and technologies that are part of drying your home after a flood. Air movers and dehumidifiers might be at the heart of this effort, but there are also specialty tools like floor mat drying systems and weighted extractors to help.
• Reconstruction – Much like controlled demolition is a necessity after many natural drying situations, the build back of these removed areas falls to the capable hands of our licensed residential contractors.
Why Is Professional Restoration a Wise Choice?
It is not uncommon for homeowners to consider the possibility of DIY restoration, but this is often a mistake. With migrating water, you might not always know where the damage has traveled to and how bad the situation is without our detection devices and technologies. Also, professional restorers like us offer:
• Cutting-Edge Equipment
• Work with Your Insurance Company
• Experienced Inspections for Accurate Estimations
• Modern Practices and Training
How Can My Belongings Get Protected from Flood Exposure?
Content management is not one of the things that most homeowners consider even right after a disaster has taken place. Our professionals always have your belongings and best interests, guiding all of the choices that we make, and that is why we have such a dedicated content management team to assess potential damages and determine the best restorative solution. These include:
• On-Site Relocation – By moving your belongings to a different place within the same structure, it remains accessible to the occupants of the house should that be necessary. This solution only works when these contents are not compromised and do not require focused cleaning efforts.
• Containment Barriers – By establishing containment barriers to create a drying zone for our technicians to work in, we also close out the contents that might have later gotten exposed to migrating conditions. If cleaning is necessary, this can happen where the contents are when barriers protect these items from continued damage.
• Pack-Out Procedure – One of the unique features of our SERVPRO team is the warehouse facility that we use to clean and restore damaged belongings from a fire. At our building, our content management team can focus on surface cleaning, deodorization, and climate-controlled storage to keep your possessions safe until restoration completes.
Flooding can be a substantial obstacle to overcome on your own, but with our SERVPRO of Augusta team, you do not have to face it alone. We have skilled technicians and advanced equipment to make flood losses “Like it never even happened.” Give our technicians a call today at (706) 750-0200.
For more about Augusta click here.