A Song of (Dry) Ice and Fire
Did you know that one of the best ways to restore properties that have been affected by fire damage is dry ice blasting? It is ideal for the restoration of wood, concrete, brick, and building materials because it dries instantly, is fast, and leave little to no residue behind. Additionally, dry ice is effective in removing smoke and even mildew smells from fire damage without causing further deterioration of surface material.
Why Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry ice blasting is precise in tight spaces with the added benefit of not damaging to the affected services. It takes three to five times longer for traditional fire restoration methods to clean an area than the dry ice blasting technique. Dry ice blasting utilizes CO2, which converts to high pressured gas and is then blasted against surfaces, simultaneously eliminating odors as well.
Additional Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting
- Cleans and deodorizes concrete, wood, brick, and more.
- Avoids the typical abrasive blasting and cleans area without erosion and etching.
- There will not be water damage.
- It is more environmentally safe—no need for using caustics and acids when cleaning.
- It is safe for electrical components.
- Dry ice blasting is faster than other methods of restoration.
Have you experienced fire or smoke damage? Contact SERVPRO® of North Augusta at 706-750-0200 to schedule an inspection with our trained technicians.